Tips for proper nutrition for the children , Proper nutrition is the key to the safety of the mind and body of your child, taking care of feeding the child and monitoring his growth regularly is very important,
And when the child acquires proper eating habits from a young age, this will spare him the problems of obesity and thinness throughout his life.
Through this article, we provide parents with some tips for properly feeding children,
We also offer you some nutritious foods for children in different stages of growth.
Infant feeding (Tips for proper nutrition for the children)
Proper child nutrition is the first step to a healthy life and healthy growth, and the basics of nutrition differ with the passage of age
We will talk about feeding a child in the first and second year, and even entering school.
Feeding infants in the first six months
Your baby only needs breastfeeding or formula milk to feed him, especially in his first year.
- Make sure to breastfeed your baby at least 6-8 times a day, and rely on your intuition and the signs your baby makes when he is hungry.
- Such as inserting his hand in his mouth, bleaching his lips, or crying.
- Follow the bowel movements throughout the day, as proper saturated feeding makes your baby have a bowel movement 3-4 times a day.
- Follow the growth of your child and the rate of weight gain every month, from the moment of birth until the sixth month of his life, the weight of the child increases by half a kilo per month,
- From the sixth month to the eighth month, the weight increases at a rate of three quarters of a kilogram per month.
- From the ninth month until the end of the first year, the baby’s weight increases at a rate of a quarter of a kilo per month,
- At the end of the first year, it is normal and ideal that the baby weighs no less than 11-12 kg.
Feeding infants in the first six months
first Do not feed your baby any food before the fourth month, and after he turns four months old, you can feed him, along with breastfeeding, some fruits or vegetables.
second Try one vegetable or fruit for three days, before feeding him another, so you can predict allergies to certain foods.
third Wash the fruit of a vegetable or fruit well and remove its peel or seeds from inside, before giving it to your child, and be aware that introducing foods such as fruits, vegetables or fruits may cause your child to sleep disturbances due to gas.
forth Breastfeed your child with some warm drinks, such as caraway, after consulting the doctor, and do not sweeten them with sugar.
Feeding a baby in the sixth month
- Try introducing different foods to the side of breastfeeding starting in the sixth month.
- Remember that gradually feeding your child different types of foods will help you to know which foods cause him allergies.
- Avoid offering your child industrial juices or natural juices sweetened with sugar, as this habit causes obesity when he grows up, and know that giving your child fresh fruit as a whole fruit is better than giving him juice, so that he gets the full nutritional benefit.
- Avoid pulses for the baby’s first year, as he may be allergic to beans and you don’t know.
- Boil a potato, a zucchini, and a carrot, then grind it in a blender and let it cool down, then feed your child with a teaspoon of it.
Tips for proper nutrition for the children
Do not give your baby cow’s milk until after the first year of his life, and you can give him milk after the first year as a rich source of calcium,
Consult a doctor if she has a dairy allergy.
Use a teaspoon to feed your baby after the sixth month so that he gets used to it.
The sun is an essential source of vitamin D, so make sure you expose your child to the sun from after sunrise until ten in the morning. Or from five in the afternoon until sunset.
Feeding children 6-12 years old(Tips for proper nutrition for the children)
From the age of three to five years, the child acquires all the food habits that will accompany him almost throughout his life,
Make sure to teach your child the right habits and proper nutrition at this stage of his life.
At school age from 6 to 12 years old, your child will have acquired all the eating habits that affect his life and health later.
- Make sure to fix daily eating times at specific times.
- Make sure to give your child breakfast, even if it’s a fruit, a small sandwich of butter or cheese, and a cup overnight.
- Sit next to your child during the meal, and do not force him to finish all the dish served to him, talk to him and look in the eyes if he refuses a certain meal so that he feels affection and reassured.
- Teach your child to sit while eating, as movement and running during food may cause him to choke on leftovers or otherwise.
Feeding tips for school-aged children
Make sure that the meal contains all the nutrients:
Like rice, wheat, and corn.
A daily cup of milk or skimmed yogurt.
All kinds of vegetables, especially colored, green, red and yellow.
All types of fresh fruit, contain vitamins and minerals that the child needs for proper growth.
Especially legume protein such as beans and white beans, or red meat or fish.
- Do not give your child foods that contain unhealthy fats or cut them as little as possible, as he does not need them and may cause him obesity.
- Involve your child in choosing food and preparing the meal, make mealtime an enjoyable time, and don’t punish him for quitting food.
- Feed your baby all healthy foods, and don’t just feed him the foods you like.
- Make sure to follow proper feeding habits so that your child imitates you, as the child at this stage loves to imitate adults in everything.
- Movement activities are very important for your child, so make sure that your child does a moderate or intense physical activity, for at least an hour a day, and he needs that, so that he enjoys a sound physical health and a healthy weight.
- Try to limit your child sitting in front of screens, whether on television, tablet or mobile, so that he does not get used to office life and lack of movement, and allow him one hour a day in front of the screen from the age of six years.
feeding children in a healthy way is the basis for proper growth, and being keen on teaching your child good feeding habits to avoid obesity
and thinness problems when he grows up, so make sure to know nutritious foods for children of different ages, and accustom your child to the proper feeding habits, so that he will grow upon them and become his lifestyle. In old age.
The content of the submitted articles, including all text, graphics, images, and other materials, is provided for educational purposes only.
The information provided is not a substitute for professional medical advice or professional diagnosis.
Moreover, the information on this website should not be taken as final medical advice in relation to any case or individual situation.
We strongly recommend that you always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health service provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition, your general health, or the health of your child.
please share the article, social media content, graphics, and resources provided with your general public