2 feeding the baby in the fifth month
Childhood is considered one of the most important stages of a person’s development and his acquisition of the skills and abilities that remain with him throughout his life.
Therefore, you should pay close attention to what is being taught to the child at that stage,
It is also a stage in which he builds his mind, personality and body,
As for the age of five months, this stage is considered for the child a new stage in which he discovers many things as a result of the development of some new senses for him,
As some studies indicate that the child is able to start eating solid foods other than milk.
Feeding the baby in the fifth month
Experts agree that the age stage from four months to six months is the period during which the child is able to eat solid food,
As this period is very important to know what he likes and dislikes, to start his habit of eating, to reduce breastfeeding to the stage of weaning, and to completely depend on the food that adults eat,
Knowing that milk is the staple food at this stage and until this stage passes with the best benefit for the mother and the child.
these tips are related to feeding the baby in the fifth month:
- At this stage, the child can be fed two meals a day, after feeding.
- Taking into account the gradual method of feeding the child, so that the mother begins feeding the child small quantities, for a certain period, for example, one tablespoon for several days, then two tablespoons, and so on, until it reaches five tablespoons at the end of the month as an average rate.
- There is an important point that parents must not forget, which is the importance of giving the child doses of water, as it is the main food ingredient, and at the beginning, it is possible to use the spoon and then the bottle, and in an advanced stage, the child is accustomed to using a cup of water.
- In the event that the child refuses a certain type of food, it is preferable to offer it a second time, or on a second day, and it must be taken into account that this stage is important; Because of its role in maintaining the health, immunity, and development of the child, being the beginning of the introduction of solid food, it also reveals the child’s acceptance of various types of food.
- Foods that are recommended to be fed to the child:
Rice and oatmeal are the least allergic grains, so it is recommended to start with avocado or banana instead.
It is not recommended to provide raw fruits at this age until the age of eight months, but cooked fruits are preferred to be more tender for the child, while avocados and bananas do not need to be cooked.
Always serve cooked until the age of twelve months, or until he is able to chew well enough so that he is not at risk of choking.
It is always fully cooked so that there are no pink areas in it, and never give raw meat or fish.
Fifth Summarizing the food menu for a baby in the fifth month are:
Cerelac, rice, apples, bananas, pears, apricots, peaches, avocados, sweet potatoes, squash and zucchini.
6. There are some foods that are best avoided at this stage, such as:
Honey, spinach, and carrots are also advised not to add salt and sugar to the food of a young child, and attention must be paid to foods that cause allergies such as fish, eggs, legumes, and nuts.
The content of the submitted articles, including all text, graphics, images, and other materials, is provided for educational purposes only.
The information provided is not a substitute for professional medical advice or professional diagnosis.
Moreover, the information on this website should not be taken as final medical advice in relation to any case or individual situation.
We strongly recommend that you always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health service provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition, your general health, or the health of your child.
please share the article with your friends to help us grow